Sunday, June 12, 2011

Oatmeal Muffins

Oatmeal Muffins. See the recipe here, on 101 Cookbooks.

There weren't any seasonings listed for the muffins, so I added 1 tsp vanilla and sprinkle of cinnamon to the batter.  And I didn't see the note in the recipe heading about the crumble being a double recipe, until after the muffins were in the oven with the entirety of the crumble topping...

I used both muffin pans again. This time, I put the "good" pan in first, and let it bake for about 5 minutes before putting in the aluminum one that likes to burn everything. I also used less muffin batter in aluminum one, so they wouldn't overflow the pan. Instead of having 18 muffins as the recipe calls for, I had 20. Halfway through the cooking time, I rotated the pans and switched shelves.

The Hubs likes these! I keep hearing him sneak back into the kitchen to grab another one!

The Hubs suggested that next time I add pecans.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...