Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Sustenance

It's turning out to be another long week at work. So far this week, I've put in 7.5 hours of overtime. Almost half of that was today.

I have a project that was supposed to go to the printer this morning, but due to the engineers being overwhelmed those drawings aren't expected until in the morning. Which actually worked out well for me, because I was able to have a different architect in the office peer review all the architectural sheets and look for mistakes. He found very few! This is especially exciting for me as I only have one exam left. A couple months ago I would have told you I didn't feel like I was prepared to be an architect with a license to practice architecture on my own, but I'm feeling a lot more confident nowadays.

Tonight after work I had a USGBC coordination meeting for the series of webinars our local branch is hosting for six weeks this summer. The first one is tomorrow at lunch. I'm in charge. Which means I have to make up at least an hour of work each week for the next 6 weeks. (Doesn't look like that will be too difficult right now though, as we are slammed!)

I came home after the meeting, which included chit-chatting with my BFF over a huge mountain of bacon cheese fries and three beers, and decided I needed to finish the architectural sheets so the engineers aren't waiting on ME in the morning! I was in desperate need of caffeine, so I made an iced coffee with leftover Mudhouse coffee from this morning, with vanilla soymilk:
It helped out for the extra two hours I worked tonight. And along with Pandora playing fun music like Keane, Moby, and the Cardigans it really only felt like half an hour. Now I'm off to shower and bed, because in addition to sending this job to the printer tomorrow, and hosting a webinar, there's a big possibility I'm driving to West Plains...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...