Tuesday, June 7, 2011

You scream for ice cream, I scream for Sweet peas!

I ended up moving all the herbs out from the greenhouse. It is way too hot in the greenhouse during the day and I was ending up drenching the pots with water every evening to try to keep up with the leaves sagging.
The tomato plants are looking really good. I was a little scared when I put them in the ground that I might have to look for some at a nursery but they really turned around. There is something munching on the leaves, so I put Garden Dust on them. If that doesn't work, it may be a larger critter and I have a critter repellent to try.


The diatomaceous earth wasn't working at all on the big ants on the artichoke plant, so I put Garden Dust on it, too, as well as the cucurbit seedlings that have pushed through.

And the object of this post: Peas! These are shelling peas, so that's why I haven't picked any yet. The pods aren't filled out. I've been trying to remember to water them every couple days since it's been so hot and dry. I came across a Bacon & Pea Risotto recipe that I'd like to try when I harvest them. Yum. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...